Historic Fallsington

aJohn Merrick built homes adjoining Meetinghouse Square for two daughters.

  • The Pleasants House, built in 1788 at 14 Meetinghouse Square, stands to the right of the Burges-Lippincott House.  A two-story stone structure, it bears a date stone high in the gable. Interior features include a walk-in fireplace and stone dry sink. 

  • The Hough House, next down Old Tyburn Road, was started circa 1768.  The larger section was added in about 1783, when the daughter married Jessie Hough, a tanner.

    Privately owned.

    The ruins of the tannery lie in the woods behind the house.



Key to the Map
1 Gillingham Store - Historic Fallsington Office
Museum Store
Fallsington Antique & Craft Shop
2 Burges-Lippincott House
3 Pleasants House
4 Hough House
5 Gambrel Roof House or
The 2nd Meetinghouse
5A First Public School
6 Schoolmaster’s House
7 William Penn Center
3rd Meetinghouse
8 4th and Current Meetinghouse
9 Stagecoach Tavern
10 11 Main Street
11 Brick House - 16 Main Street
12 The Gothic Revival Houses -
45, 51, 57, and 64 Main Street
13 46 Main Street
14 All Saints Episcopal Church
15 Fallsington Library
16 Fallsington United Methodist Church
17 The Manor House
18 Three Federal Houses -
21, 25, and 31 Yardley Avenue
19 The Moon-Williamson Log House
20 11 Yardley Avenue
21 10 Yardley Avenue